FAST LANE FOR VERTICAL COMMUTERS
The 75-story condominium tower, One Bloor East, in downtown Toronto rises from one of the best-knows intersections in Canada. Long before its completion, the project has become the city’s most sough-after residential address.
To complete one of the most prestigious addresses in Toronto on time, construction workers can’t afford to waste up to an hour of their valuable shift time every day waiting for transportation to higher floors. Yet that’s exactly what happens at construction sites across the globe as skycrapers reach ever higher heights. To meet its demanding construction schedule, developer Great Gulf chose the innovative KONE JumpLift solution to accelerate construction work and enhance safety at its construction site.
- Opening: 2016
- Size: 83,640 sq m
- Height: 257m
- Floors: 75 above ground and 6 parking levels
- Developer: Great Gulf
- Architect: Hariri Ponterini Architects
- Contractor: Tucker Hi-Rise
- 2 KONE JumpLift™ construction-time elevators
- 6 KONE EcoSystem MR™ elevators
- 4 KONE MonoSpace® elevators
- 1 KONE EcoSpace™ elevator
- 2 KONE TravelMaster™ 110 escalators